Wednesday 6 September 2023

Mornings

 Hello everyone I hope the week is going well for you all, it has been an early start for me as I feel my insomnia is back. So after fighting it I have decided to try a different strategy which is probably what I should have doneall along.

So after trying to get back to sleep for two hours this morning I got up at five, I know that may be a regular getting up time for many of you but we are not early to bed so that is not sufficient sleep but as I am not sleeping anyway laying there pondering is not helpful.  You know that pondering you do about anything and everything in the dark hours of the night?   For many years now I have tried to be still and just put up with it, in part because I didn't want to disturb, my husband, my sons, the dogs! However I know it is the worst thing you can do as the longer you lay awake the worse it gets, also all the things I have not got around to doing I may as well get up and do, then if I get tired later maybe I will sleep better the next night, who knows.  I have also noticed that when my husband can't sleep he will get up, what is it with us women that we feel we shouldn't disturb anyone, I have to say I was still creeping about this morning trying to not make much noise.

Anyway the point is I am going to look at it in a new way, as in hey I have some extra time I will go and do ... whatever that thing is that I want to do (probably quietly!)  I did used to have a very definite morning routine that fell out of favour, maybe I will start that again.  Do any of you have a routine that you stick to in a morning and by this I mean something for you and not just getting everyones lunches and everybody else ready for the day.  If so let me know, how it helps, what is the best thing about it.

I chose to stand outside and what the sky change for a little while, this was quite peaceful.  I often listen to the Huberman Lab and this is something we should all be doing every day he states.  In the morning as close to sunrise and also close to dusk to regulate our body clock.  I know this and yet very rarely do it.

I snapped a couple of images of the sky, as apparently I can't just stand there and be...


Well have a lovely day all of you I don't know if anyone will see this close to when it goes out but I would like to hear your thoughts on this.  Are you a stay in bed and try to get through it type, or do you just get up whatever the time and go downstairs?  I am sure there will be a mixture of us out there, but I don't feel this is going away anytime soon me being of the menopausal age so I need to get a better routine.
Thank you for stopping by.


2 comments:

  1. A veces también me pasa durante unos días estoy toda la noche despierta y me duermo dos horas antes de levantarme.......... aguanto en la cama, doy vueltas cambiando de posición, pero no me levanto, así que paso ése tiempo pensando en proyectos nuevos.... en recordar cosas y personas de hace mucho tiempo.....
    No he encontrado ningún método para remediarlo y ésto me suele pasar un par de veces al año durante unos días, la única decisión que he tomado al respecto e que no quiero tomar medicamentos.
    BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Arish, si y yo tambien! No quiero tomar medicamentos. BESICOS

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...