Friday 31 December 2021

2021 A Few Makes

 We are nearly there, the end of the year and I just put togther these nine earlier for instagram as everyone seems to be posting that.  It was quite tricky as I have made so much this year but included here are a few that are worn a lot for example the hoodies, also a few unexpected favourites. The the bear dress which I had doubts about halfway through but it is really easy to wear and can layered so I have worn this quite a bit.  Have you got any favrourite makes of the year and have you shared them on instagram if you have let me know in the comments if I don't follow you already.


My jackets have all been favourites and there are a few more that are not featured here that I love just the same.  I have also noticed I have a lot of black in my wardrobe even though it does not appear so looking at the above image. 

 Just  this morning I have finished a project in black print  and there are a few more waiting on the sidelines.  Maybe I will have to make 2022 the year of colour, I did branch out and made a hot pink dress last week but my husband is not into the colour and I did read recently that the colours should not be wearing you, so maybe I have to be cautious of that.

There is a selection of sources above, the two top center and top right are from the same pattern from a magazine a sinple sew pattern sienna I think.   The green coat, white blouse and black skirt are all traced off from Burda magazine that I had for a year as a gift from my husband.  Top left hoodie is from the Tilly Walnes stretch book that I borrowed from the library ages ago. Navy coat and the bomber jacket were both from patterns made for Minerva and the zip hoodie bottom left I traced off from one of my own hoodies that I knew fit well.  I have to say looking at the fabrics above they were all minerva! I have made garments from fabric from a local store to me and a number of refashions this past year too, a few of those can be seen on my youtube channel.  If you haven't had a look at that please do and maybe leave me a comment.  You can find the link in the sidebar.  I haven't done any for that for a while as i have been busy with other filming so I must do some refashions for that soon. 

I am about to go shopping so I hope people are not in there going crazy like they do when any shop will be closed the following day!  I went a few days before Christmas and people were there trollies full to the brim shopping for the apocalypse, I just want a few things so I will try to be quick.

Hopefully you all have your New years eve planned and are all set, we will be celebrating at home with maybe a glass of wine and a good film that will do me. Maybe a few chapters of my book that I am reading (I know how to party;)  

Well I am going to get on with things now, have a wonderful evening and take care. 


4 comments:

  1. Nosotros estaremos en casa con sofá, película, manta y crochet para esperar el nuevo año y después de las doce copita de champán y uvas.
    FELIZ AÑO NUEVO Y MUCHOS, MUCHOS, MUCHOS BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely makes, I love all the jackets they look amazing. I am going to take a peak at your you tube channel I love refashioning old clothes! Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year, ooh good leave a comment and let me know what you think. Have a great start to the year.

      Delete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...