Wednesday 29 December 2021

Books and that bit inbetween

 Hello I hope you are all enjoying a good rest and not too bloated from a week of over eating and drinking ;) I have to say it is 5 pm here I am about to start a curry for dinner and I am drinking a glass of rose!   Just the one mind although not usual on a Wednesday, it is Wednesday right?  We are currently in that bit of the holiday where I really don't know what day it is or what I am supposed to be doing with myself.

I do like a new start to the year, some people think it is pointless to start with new intentions but I like to plan something new.  That does not mean calling them resolutions though because I feel people miss a day with those and give up.  I prefer to try to do more of something and write it down, that way if you miss a day it doesn't matter as you can always reset the next day and still see all the days  you have been successful and not stress about the one day you missed.  I think doing something most days of the year and occasionally slipping and having a day off is far healthier than doing something every day for a month then giving up!

It is also fun to look back on my notebooks as I can see what I was doing or being interested in a year or two ago.  I have only done this the last few years but is very enlightening and there are also some super quotes in them and I have wrote some of them out again as a reminder.

One thing I did today was to move my cook books into the kitchen, now years ago I had them in the kitchen at my first house.  I did say never again as a few got a lot of splashes on them, looking back they were too close the oven area so that is why but they are to be used.  Up to now I have had them on the book shelf in the dining room and walked back and forth everytime I wanted to check something.  So no more of that but my son has had instructions not to splash milk every where when getting cereal as they are near the fridge unit.


What are your thoughts on this? Do you keep your books close to where you need them or in a safer place?  I didn't pay a lot for any of these, the oldest one there is possiblt the Rose Elliot one and that was from a charity shop along with Veg, Deliciously Ella and the Abel and Cole one. The big Vegan Cookbook there was a recent gift from my son, the Aine Carlin ones were all new but a fiver each and I have to say they are very well used.  The vegan baking one on the end was also bought new and is very good.  A few of these  books I had from the library first before finding second hand for a few pounds.

Personally I have never had the Abel and Cole veg boxes but a friend did and used to pass on some recipe cards now and then so that is why I spotted that particular book.

I have just been to collect my car from the garage and it has passed its MOT (that was before the glass of wine of course) we use a car centre that is very local to us so we walked there with the dogs then my husband carried on and I drove back.  It is always a relief when you don't get a big car bill after these things.

Well I had better go and get on with that curry as no one else will cook it. Just a bit of a check in today so stay safe and rested everyone and I will be back soon.  



2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the in between time we are in now, it is so easy to lose track of time/day of the week/date isn't it. I am relishing this time when such things don't matter.

    I have three small shelves of cookery books in my kitchen, they are in a bit of my kitchen that was originally the hall so was an otherwise dead space. The previous occupants had knocked down the wall between the kitchen and the hall to open the room up and we have made some of the hall into kitchen space. My husband built the shelves for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All our cookery books are in the kitchen, lots of space not too close to the cooker. I don't mind cookery books with stains and splashes, they are functional books. I even scribble in them.... have a lovely New Year when it comes.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...