Sunday 22 August 2021

August...ing

 Hello everyone, we are just back from another get away in the van and I am pleased to say we another rain free week.  It was a bit cloudy most days but the sun came out here and there so I can't complain at that.  We visited Somerset and a lovely little CL site called Moorlands Farm, it had a lake on either side with ducks and our caravan and all the caravans (all five of them) overlooked the water so it really was a beautiful spot.  Be prepared holiday shots coming up...

Travelling We always try to see a bit of the area when we are away so we go to a different place each day, the local village was called Banwell.



We had a visit to Cheddar Gorge...






These are street views as all the scenic images are on my husbands camera.

A trip to Bath...



As we have dogs and are always outside on holiday we don't actually go in any of the tourist locations we just look from the street. It probably saves us a ton of money actually. 

This next place is Clevedon and a very windy day...


Then Axbridge where I had the best piece of vegan cheese cake...


I enjoy having a look around old churches.

Also on the list was Western supermare but I have no pictures for some reason.  In all a lovely week and a great caravan site.

Sewing I have done a few more recycling projects on charity shop £1 finds and videos to go with both.  The first was a dress that I made into a playsuit, it was not quite warm enough to wear on holiday this time but if the sun comes out this week I am wearing it.  I used Burda magazine from July last year for the pattern and had to do a bit of creative joining of pieces to make it work.


I love the look but does anyone else agree that jumpsuits and playsuits are not at all practical.
Here is the video link https://youtu.be/OjTYzgs6sXA

Then I had another dress that I bought weeks ago again off the £1 rail and once more used a bUrda magazine pattern.  This time it was from the August magazine and a top.
Here is the video link https://youtu.be/QxbOFw-SQvg

My Minerva make for this month is this skirt I love the pattern on this one...

Reading quite a few good books this month so I will do a separate post on that later, are books just better when you have more time do you think?

Baking a new york cheesecake a vegan version, quite expensive to make but I am so pleased with it.

Watching Gone for Good  a french drama and I am loving it.

Practising my Spanish but feeling I will never be a speaker as I only practise alone.

Loving the long summer days and feeling sad they will soon draw in.

Reminding myself to love all the seasons in relation to my last comment!

Feeling grateful.

Have a lovely week everyone. Take care. 










6 comments:

  1. Maravillosas fotos, unas bonitas vacaciones y están muy bien las prendas que consigues sacar con el reciclaje y n cuanto al español, puedes practicar conmigo😀😀 con los comentarios en el blog.
    BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puedo intente practicar en los comentarios, pero cuando escucho habla estoy confundido. Me encanta reinventar la ropa. Gracias para sus comentarios.

      Delete
  2. Your site looks a great spot. I absolutely love Bath. We always go in the museums and they stay in the memory each one. My girls remember going in the costume museum in Bath when they were very small because they got to dress up. It was also memorable because Andy fell asleep in a chair in the darker antique area while us girls looked at the 18th Century dresses! I have taken a fancy to that navy stripey top - very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dogs look cute, Jack Russells? I love Jack Russells. I am not familiar with the area you were visiting, it looks beautiful. Always fancied visiting Bath one day. The fabric of your skirt looks fun, I like giraffes, such interesting creatures. Well, I see you are practicing your Spanish in the comment section, that is brilliant :-)

    Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are beautiful & I just adore Bath & the old architecture - have always wanted to visit that area ... one day maybe after Covid settles down. Your sewing is also really wonderful & you are very clever with your makes & upcycles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The time for shorts and shirts is over. It's September, however sunny finally! :-))

    Enjoy your new clothing.

    Regula

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...