Thursday 22 July 2021

Easy Burda Dress

 Hello everyone, I am having a busy week here getting various bits of sewing completed and altering things that have kept annoying me.  A little bit of filming for my self to just get used to doing it a bit quicker and a dress for minerva.  So I will show you the dress first, it is yellow and that is only a colour I have added this last year as I have always been cautious as to whether it would suit.  I did try mustard earlier this year so now this brighter shade.  It is Art Gallery Fabrics cotton poplin...

Now the colour looks different again in this image as you will see on the indoor photo on the mannequin.

This pattern was from Burda magazine April and it is style 104 if any of you have that copy, it is a very basic pattern and is quite roomy when made up.  It is the belt that gives it the shape I feel.  I did take the front seam in quite a bit as the the v was very low on me.  Anyway if you want a very quick forgiving make this is the one, I did add bands to the bottom of the sleeve as a bit of detail and also because my fabric was not quite wide enough for the pieces.  This is because they are grown on sleeves so your pieces take up more space and are harder to reposition on fabric. 

Next up  I have two sets of shorts pyjamas that have camisole tops, well every time I wear them I think they are too big across the front as they end up twisting around me.  So first they needed taking in, tick that off my list.  Then was a pair of jeans shorts I cut down years ago, they have been worn a l lot and got a stain on a few years ago and I did a design with fabric pens back then.  My husband has never really like the back of them as they have not pockets and they are a bit plain. As I have been wearing them more in the warm weather I thought I would add pockets.  For the denim I used the wrong side of a scrap I had as it was closer to the faded colour, then made the pockets and stitched them on.  They do look better with a bit of detail to the back. 

Probably not the clearest of images but you get the idea.

Out in the garden I have been collecting seed pods again, and yes some things are making seeds already and I find it very exciting to go and collect them.  I label them all up in little packets ready for next year and give a few to friends.  It is quite funny that the image below looks like there a re seeds all over the worktop, the aren't ,it is just my worktop.


Any plants that I am not sure of I photograph with the app Plant Net and it gives you names, this came in very useful as we were on holiday and there was this shrub in the public garden next to the railway that had a couple of seed pods about to drop on the path.  I collected them and brought them home, a bit of digging states it can be grown from seed so we will see. 

In other random news I have started the muse by Jessie Burton and I am enjoying it, I seem to recall I started this before and got fed up which just goes to show that maybe it all depends on my state of being or the free time I have whether or not I enjoy a book.  Also on this subject there are books I read years ago that I loved and now think how ever did I think they were good?? We are changing all the time I suppose so of course our tastes will change.

What are you all up to? Enjoying the sun here in the UK or elsewhere, or staying indoors? Where ever you are I hope you have a good time, back soon. 
















2 comments:

  1. I've changeged my mind about orange, but yellow? That's another story. :-) Have fun sewing. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty dress, I've just started wearing ochre which is a new thing for me. Yellow is strangely growing on me..

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...