Sunday 18 July 2021

Art Gallery Fabrics Pyjamas

 Hello, I hope you are all well I am having a lovely weekend because now term has ended for the summer hooray!  I have been sewing and filming, we had a potter in the charity shops on Friday but I have to say I am finding the heat way too much at the moment as I am still struggling with my chest after being ill.  Everything seems to take it out of me at the moment so hopefully I will be fully fit really soon.  I don't want it dragging on through the summer.

Here is my make for minerva, some super comfy pyjamas in cotton jersey, I have had them on already and they really are lovely and soft.  The pattern is kwick sew K3382 and the pattern does state woven for the bottoms but I made it all in the same fabric and it worked out well.



I thought I would make a few practical things, so these fit the bill.

On Friday when we were out I got a few bargains from the £1 rail in the charity shop, these are for refashioning I have already made the shirt into a blouse and that can be seen on my YouTube channel 

I am trying to do mainly refashioning on there and also showing how sewing can be done on the cheap, the thing is I hope the ideas keep on coming.  I tend to refashion my own clothes when I get fed up of them too so it won't always be stuff from charity shops.  I like to make sure the fabrics keep evolving into something else while ever they are still holding up.

Also from the charity shop I found a lovely little teacup and saucer, I don't drink from a cup and saucer but it was just too pretty to pass up.  It is currently in my sewing room and I think I may try and recreate the design on to something, not sure what yet.


The books in the background were also bought for 65p each, a bit of summer reading I think one of them is a YA book but I don't mind that now and again. 

Well I hope you all have a good week and a re able to make the most of the weather. Take care. 





6 comments:

  1. Those pj's look very cozy. They fit you perfectly. I love the repurposed top, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precioso conjunto y buenísimas compras. Disfrútalas mucho y BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new pyjamas are just lovely. I've had some good thrifting lately too. You could make that sweet little teacup & saucer into a teacup pincushion so you get to use it & enjoy it in your sewing room 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pyjamas, so very pretty. The cup/saucer is lovely too, I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your PJ's I have never thought of using a vest top pattern. I don't know why but now I really want one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your PJ's are beautiful. I've enjoyed a trip to the charity shop this week too, picked up some old tray cloths for 50p! Bargain!
    I love that cup, the design would make a wonderful embroidery wouldn't it?
    Thank you for joining us at Handmade Monday and sharing your lovely ideas and crafts.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...