Monday 10 May 2021

White Blouse

 Hello, I am still waiting to get into my spring clothes I don't know about you but over here it is still thick tights and my big coat!  I know I'm going to be standing on the yard at school so I have to make sure I am warm.  I had one day I think where I was a bit over dressed but that was it and then the heating was back on.  

Not to be deterred I have made a white summer blouse and I look forward to wearing it without being layered up.  The fabric is art gallery fabrics from Minerva and the code is LTO-9233 if you are interested in it, or you can head over there and read my post about it there.  The pattern is from Burda January and is style 106  if you have that issue.

I have never been really into overly fussy sleeves but I am sold on this one, when I cut the pieces out I did wonder why I so was bothering but the finished result is very nice so I am glad I went ahead with this style.

 

There is a button at the front of the collar so it is quite fitted around the neck.


It is a lovely fabric I don't tend to have a lot of white as I work in a school and I am quite messy too, so how long before I spill my tea down this or a child uses me as a tissue we will have to see. 

In other sewing I made a dress at the weekend and filmed it but I am unable to share that right now more on that soon I hope.  I have also had some bits of altering and repairs for a colleague.

In books I have loved Pan's Labyrinth and also found interesting The Element by Ken Robinson, one thing I have to say about that though is I had already watched a lot of Ken Robinson's talks on TED and YouTube and this made it so that I was already familiar with most of what was in the book.  I have found this before and if you are like me and watch talks and long interviews with people on YouTube and think oh I'll buy their book maybe don't. 

This isn't the first time this has happened, I watch and listen to the Rich Roll podcast and he has lots of interesting people on as guests. The interviews he hosts usually last around 2hours, if they are talking about a book you have usually got all the important information in that time.  I am not being negative here but books are expensive so it avoids disappointment sometimes.

I nearly bought one the other day after watching a talk about the microbiome of the digestive system, he was really in depth and I looked for a used copy but they were still £14 plus postage, after watching a few reviews I got the idea I had all the important facts and chose not to buy.  If it comes right down in price I may consider it, the book was Fiber Fueled if you have read it please let me know.

Well that is all for now, have lovely week.  


2 comments:

  1. Your blouse looks wonderful. Books are soooooo expensive. I tend to listen to free audiobooks through my library for free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, what unusual but beautiful sleeves. I agree with you, not much wearing of summer dresses here either.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...