Friday 28 May 2021

The Mia Set Blouse

 Hello this week I have made a few things but again can only share the one, the first thing was a top and I will have to share that at a later date because it was for a video post and then I made a purse for a friend but forgot to take the picture before wrapping and giving it!  Oh dear, anyway I can share this blouse that I made using the Mia set pattern that came with a magazine.  The magazine was Simple Sew and it was quite some time ago so a few of you may have this pattern knocking about the place.

I have made it before but last time I made it as a dress, again I have only gone for the one layer to the sleeves as I think two layers looks a bit much on me, plus I tend to get too much sleeve caught in things. The fabric is from minerva.com and is shade carmine  my husband did say it looks like reindeer but I have made this top as a summer make not a winter one as I feel they are just stags and that is a design for any time of year.

If you are going to make this design I would say check the shoulders are sitting correctly before you finish up, I found that I had to run them down a bit as they stood up on me.  Just try it on to be sure other than that it is quite a straight forward easy pattern.


I did a bit of tucking in there at the front as the blouse does hang quite loose  at the bottom, I also chopped about 4cm off the bottom of the flounce because they were a bit long and I wanted three quarter sleeves.


I had to take a chance last week and plant out a lot of my greenhouse plants, it has been so rubbish here that I didn't want them to get a shock but they were so big I just spent the afternoon putting it all out.  They did initially flop but now seem to have perked up I look forward to having more colour out there to share with you.  There will be more garden pictures as the weather improves I'm sure. 


We managed to get out for an Italian meal last week also the first in a long time, we went during the day time as we like it quiet but there were still a few in for a Friday lunch, that is a good sign for the business.  I suppose people are just eager to get out and do something.

It is the school holiday now so I have a full week off to look forward to, I hope you are all keeping well and staying busy I will enjoy having the time to get around all your blogs and seeing what you are up too. Bye for now. 








2 comments:

  1. Muy bonita tu blusa y tambiƩn la tela tiene un bonito color. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top looks wonderful on you, well done!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...