Sunday 16 May 2021

McCall's Dress

 I have quickly made this dress over the last few days, it was an nice one to work on and the fabric is great so that always helps.  I have made this before but in a fabric that was quite stretchy and I ended up taking that one in quite a lot, I chose to leave this one a bit bigger but I still added my own darts as I don't like things to hang too loose.  In fact this till feels quite big to me but the style is not supposed to be super fitted so I will leave it for now at least I will be able to move in it. 


This is a cotton poplin Art Gallery fabrics print from minerva, it is actually called catch and release. The weather is gloomy again so I braved it for the photo then put my jeans back on! Oh the British weather. 
I have lined the dress but not the sleeves, I also used a regular zip in the back then top stitched to make it invisible and I have to say the zip goes up and down much better than the invisible ones.


I have also been and sorted some of my patterns that I have cut from trace off from Burda.  I don't know if anyone else is such a messy dressmake as me but I have ended up with bits pushed in drawers and a box next to my sewing table!  I have made nice covers for them and put them neatly in a box that I have covered with paper.  I will try and do this as I go in future, well I say that now but lets see ;)


This way I also remember what I made in it rather than just a sketch on the front of the line drawing. 


After I had done that I had a look through my magazines because I was wondering about renewing my subscription for Burda as it has just ended. Looking through there are still things I have marked down to make and a lot of style do repeat so for now I will stick with what I have got. I can always buy it if there is a particular one I want.


There are at least three things marked on my to make list in this box so it is pointless adding to it for now. It was nice to have it drop through the letterbox once a month though.

Now this next bit of news is for anyone who suffers with their  tummy after food, I have this issue and all kinds if things can set me off with cramps.  This week I| was not well and I have discovered fennel seeds, they seem to be working and I don't want to speak too soon but ever since I have been eating them I have been so much better.  I just bought them from Asda in a pot and chew half a teaspoon after each meal slowly until all the flavour has gone then swallow. It feels a bit like a magic cure but lets hope it lasts, I am not a fan of the flavour but it is worth it.  Why not give it a try if you are having the same issues.   My mum said it is all that veg you eat but now that is a good thing, I am not going to eat junk to avoid bloating. 

Anyway that's enough medical advice I am not a Doctor, I hope you all have a lovely week back soon. 






5 comments:

  1. Te queda muy bien y el orden en la costura...... es difĂ­cil de mantener. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is wonderful, a perfect pattern nd perfect choice in fabrics. I love your organization. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you considered that you might have a food allergy? I battled belly issues for years, had many intrustive tests, tried numerous prescribed medications, then discovered I am allergic to ONIONS, for goodness sake. And they are in everything - and I love them - and I miss them . :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi yes and I did think I was intolerant to what now but have been trying to eat bits now and then and sometimes I am fine, other times I don't have any and have a terrible week so a bit confused. I really don't want to have tests because you have to eat it for weeks to get it into your system. I know I can't have nutritional yeast and that is in loads of vegan recipes so that is rubbish, it happens almost instantly if I have that. Is it just onions with you then? I would hate to have to give up those. x

      Delete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...