Wednesday 2 June 2021

Sunny Days

 Hello, I hope you are all enjoying the sunshine if you are here in the UK it has been a long time coming and to everyone everywhere I hope you are all having a good week.  We have been making the most of it here in Sheffield and I am reluctant to do anything in doors for fear of missing a bit of the sunshine!  I am currently typing this next to the back door so I can  see the screen with the door open, yes I love the sunshine.  We have had a few meals outside and I am just generally enjoying the garden.


These Alliums are finally opening and looking beautiful, I have taken quite a few pictures of these I have to say.


Just be prepared for a few garden pics first of all or skim down if you are not interested in the garden, as soon as it is nice out I have to take a few every year to see how things are looking.


There are such a lot of things on the brink of opening so I will be sure to take more over the coming weeks, currently there is a lot of green, and I know I foolishly pulled out a lot of my seedling the other week when tidying.  Note to future self wait for thing to open and weed out later!


We have moved this seat a lot further back as it was in front of that tree before, it has created the look of more space.  Our garden goes to a sort of point at that top end so we thought this was a good idea.  There are also conifers all the way down that left side while providing privacy they also intrude into the garden by quite a way.  We are thinking of just trimming the bottom branches off like we have at the top on that big one, that way I can plant down that side with woodland plants, has anyone else done this and if so what are your thoughts?  It would certainly give us more space on that side, I keep the center area as slate due to the dogs, the grass used to look lovely but they churned it up and spoilt it.

On Sunday we had a lovely bike ride out to Wentworth it is always very scenic out that way and also a decent ride from our house.


Monday we had a lovely walk around Dam Flask first thing before all the people got there, we like to that as it can get very busy especially on weekends and bank holidays.  There is something very special about arriving while it is still quiet and peaceful.

I have been tinkering with a new top, I used the same pattern as last week from the mia set but this time I have hacked it.  I have altered the sleeve, the shoulders (they stood a little proud) made it a bit narrower and I am going to do a tie at the bottom front too but I haven't added that yet.  I started it yesterday morning but then had a day of visiting people so it got left.  I will post an image of the finished blouse on in a few days, here is the work so far...


Here it has one side pinned just to check the sleeve, I got his far then my mum called and I went over to her house for a visit.  Can you see my mannequin has tape around the neck?  The neck sort of exploded a few weeks ago and a spring came out, it won't go back in properly so it is tape for the time being.  I will probably put ribbon around it as I don't need the neck to go wider it is quite big to begin with.

I have started one of my new books from the charity shop 'Tidelands' it is interesting so far...


Also found a place for the two pictures I got from the charity shop, one is in my sewing room and the other is on the wall just outside, they were £3.50 and I am very happy with them.



Well that is all for today, have a lovely week. 










2 comments:

  1. My aliiums have come into their own this week and it is hard to stay in and sew when it is so nice outside. Do send over any patterns, they often get used. One woman's junk is another sewers treasure and all that!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...