Sunday 18 April 2021

April...ing

 Hello,  I haven't done an 'ing' post for a while so here goes...

Planting lots of seeds both inside and out, it is wonderful to see things starting to come up now and things are now doing well in the greenhouse.  I had a few false starts as something ate, dug up, destroyed my first lot of seedling in the greenhouse!  I don't know what as is is sealed in there, the base did used to be the base of our raised pond so it is unlikely anything was getting in there but the young shoots just looked like they had been snipped with scissors.  Well that seems to have stopped and the next lot have done well.  I have also been starting some on a sunny windowsill upstairs because it gets so much light all day long, all of those plants are looking good too.

Sewing lots of things but one of the main things this last week was my new hoodie, it is very warm I had it on to walk the dog on Friday and it will come in very handy.  The pattern is the Tilly Stella hoodie, from the sewing stretch book and the fabric is from minerva.


A bit of sunshine this week too, what a treat I am now onto the next hoodie but that one will be a zip up.
I also made a t-shirt and I have no images of me in that yet so I will share that later this week.

Challenging myself to make and list an item for my shop each day of April, the main reason I chose this month for this was I knew I had a holiday for two weeks of it.  So far so good but I am back at work this week and it is getting harder as we go, I am also trying to reuse and scrap bust as much as possible with this so as you can imagine as the month goes on my bigger pieces are all but gone.  I did allow myself to buy a couple of fat quarters this week as I had a few sales last week.






So I will not bore you with every single item but as you can see I have been busy and with making photographing and listing it will be more tricky when I have been in work all day.  I will stick at it though as it is my aim for the month. 

Reading not as much as I would have liked and that is mainly because I have got stuck on a book I just don't like and have not had the inspiration to start anything else.  I was reading Where the Crawdads Sing because it was recommended to me by two people, plus all the hype everywhere.   The lady in the library even said to me when I collected it 'oh this had had so much attention' well I don't know why?  I must apologize to anybody who has enjoyed it but for me it has been one of those books where I pick it up get bored only read a little, repeat then eventually it has just sat beside my bed and I look at it and think I can't be bothered with that!  Now books are very personal so pleased don't be offended if you loved it but sometimes you just get one that you can't get into to and for me it was this one.   I have ordered  The Element by Ken Robinson and I am looking forward to that arriving, maybe I need a bit of a run of non fiction for a while.  I was saddened to read he had died last year, I was only watching one of his talks for the second time last week when I noticed a comment someone had left.

Watching Gasmaman on Prime I think it was, it is a Swedish drama and there are three series. It is worth a look though I have to say as it got to series three I was losing all sympathy for the main character.  She did rather appear to be bringing on all her own misfortune, get out of that life I was saying, you know getting all over involved!

Walking around Dam Flask first thing in the morning when there was hardly a soul there, it was lovely.  I really don't understand all these people so keen to get in large crowds outside pubs and events, give me a deserted bit of countryside any day.  I don't need crowds of people to have a good time.

Feeling excited about a new venture, I won't say too much now as I am still feeling like it might not happen so we will just have to wait and see.

Looking forward to getting away in the caravan soon, my husband gave it all a clean so not too long and maybe the weather will be warm enough.

That is all for now, stay safe and have a lovely week. 




 







2 comments:

  1. Tu sudadera es preciosa y el color muy favorecedor y te digo que haces unos bolsos bien bonitos. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sweater - I had that fabric in my saves on Minerva! I have a 'Dianne' pile of fabric in the studio so I will send it when it is a bags worth. Hang in there! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...