Tuesday 30 March 2021

Coat Making

 Today I thought I would share a bit of the mystery sewing, I have made an anorak.  Now it is not water proof fabric although I do have a spray for that I have just not got around to spraying the jacket yet.  I think I will do a test piece first.  I have used the spray before on a proper outdoor coat so we will see how effective it is.  This is meant to be a spring / summer coat so hopefully not getting too wet (that is an optimist British comment!)  I did enjoy making this coat after a few initial blunders, one of them was I left the middle bit out of the hood and had it all topstitched with cord in and all, so that came out.

   The sleeves were also a bad fit in the arm hole so I unpicked those about three times and cut and faffed until I had a good fitting sleeve.   I do appreciate things like sleeves are not always going to fit first time so I will let the pattern off with that.   The pattern is again from Burda magazine this time the March issue and is style 109.

The fabric is art gallery fabrics from minerva and is a  poplin, I ordered a dusky pink lining but this hot pink one arrived.  I used it just the same and I think it works well.  

You spend so much time tracing off the patterns from the magazine I now feel I need to make another coat like this one to justify the time spent, although I don't really need one.  Anyway here are a few pictures, if you follow me on minerva.com you will have already seen it.  I am Sewing Green Lady on minerva if you want to follow me there.  You can also read more about the process there.











I must also add that I received the outer fabric as a Minerva Brand Ambassador so if you read my post on there please leave a comment I would like that.  I am not as good with the photos as many of the other makers on there, a lot of people seem to have exotic locations so thank you for bearing with me with my back garden and local park images ;)  When we can get away there may be some variation!

It is the 31st tomorrow so I will share my other make after that, did anyone else make anything for frugalfrocks?  If so let me know in the comments.

I'm off to cook the dinner now so I'll be back soon, enjoy the week. 




4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is one impressive make. I love the fabric too. Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This jacket is fun, I like the playful fabric. The hot pink goes well with it. I rarely shop with Minerva because the photographs of fabrics on their website are often significantly different from the reality. Also, is a bit like Amazon for fabrics, isn't it? You should definitely make a second version because jacket sewing is fun. How about an oil cloths outer fabric? Then you have a jacket for dry and wet days. Your photos are just fine. To someone living in a different place than Britain, your location might appear very exotic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jacket is wonderful, you did a great job even with all the adjustments which I assume are frustrating. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your jacket on Minerva and admired it. Don't worry about photos, Minerva is a place for all sewers and yours are just great. Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...