Tuesday 23 March 2021

Mystery Sewing

 Hello I hope you are having a good week and enjoying the occasional bit of sunshine.  I got out in the greenhouse at the weekend and put a load more seeds in of various kinds, I also have some on the sunny windowsill upstairs but I am choosing not to leave them there too long as they will just get a nasty shock when they go outside!  I let them pop up and then off to the greenhouse with bubble wrap ove r, just until it warms a bit more.

I have made a decision and said if it means we can have a weekend away soon I will tolerate the porty loo in the caravan;0  up to now I said no I want the facilities open but do you know what if they say you can camp with your own facilities then we are off.

Last week I was working on a dress and i really like how it has turned out, I can't share yet though as it is going on instagram for the frugal frocks on the 31st.  I heard about this and thought what a nice idea so you all use fabric you have already no buying new for this, and then source a free print off pattern.  You all share your makes on the 31st of the month along with your source of pattern.  That way I suppose everybody gets a whole list of ideas for free pattern and some inspiration too. You have to tag in the yorkshire sew girl and frugalisama.

Here is a peek at a bit of my dress, I will share the rest after the 31st.

Ha Ha that is all I am sharing of that for now, it is really sheer material so I am wearing a slip that I already own under it, the slip is orange but there is a bit of orange in the daisy.

In bag making this week I made another retro style one...

The flower design on this bag I keep thinking is a wine glass or is that because I haven't had a glass of wine for over a month??

There are lots of flowers about in my house at the moment they are very cheery and it reminds me to have some about the place more often. 




The lovely tulips were from my friend but they have since dropped their petals.  Everything else is gradually going but I keep moving the bits that are still alive to another pot so the arrangements keep changing.

Below is a bit of card making for my husband, it is quite a big card and I drew the birds over a few days then stuck them to the tree that I made.  They are birds that we have been seeing in our garden, the 50 is cut from silver card too.  

                                  I like to draw and they are not perfect but it is at least personal.


These are the extras for my current project, I will share that soon too.  I have had the main fabric a few weeks but I have been waiting  for these bits to get on with it.  Any guesses what it will be  based on the extras??
Yes I know big cord small holes, I may need to rethink some parts of it.

Well that is all for today enjoy the rest of the week and take care.









4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your daisy dress! I love this fabric, it makes my heart sing. Hurray for camping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really intrigued to find out what the last pic is for? Your dress looks pretty. I have been looking at some dresses with ruffles and gathers but not decided on one yet. Have a good week. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your dress and good luck with the camping when you can do it. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going off in our caravan 12th April although I am aprehensive like you about 5 of us using the caravans toilet and shower! However, I want to see my Dad and Mother in Law so will just have to grin and bear it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...