Sunday 17 January 2021

January Dress

 I have made my first dress of the month for myself this time, I had this lovely quilted jersey from minerva and wanted to make something practical but fun.  I have made another dress like this in the past, it is a sweater dress  with a big pocket at the front but this time I decided to add a  pocket in a different fabric to make it more interesting.   If you want to know  how I made this one have a look at my post on the Minerva site as this one was posted there.



I was hoping to get a few photographs in the pristine snow but as you can see the dogs had just run all over it with their little paws by the time I got outside.


This was very easy to make and is comfortable and practical so I know I will wear it a lot.  I also have a dress to alter for someone and a few more masks to make.  I have had a bag cut out on the sewing table for a week but I have changed my mind about three times as to what to put on it, so there it will sit until I make a decision.

We have been watching a new drama called Lupin, it is French and I have been enjoying that we also watched a film the other night called Perdida, that one was set in Argentina it was ok but not great and husband thought it was a load of rubbish ( it wasn't that bad).  I think I enjoy the different languages and picking out words and phrases I know while following the subtitles of course, I don't think he enjoys that side of it so even when these things are not great television I still feel I am getting something from it.    We always watch something together from about nine onwards, before that I am doing other things so most of out viewing is on Netflix or iplayer.

We have enjoyed walking in the snow while it lasted briefly, the dogs were  very excited and one of them had a limp the other evening I think he over did it a bit.  He is ok now and has been walking normally today, I think it is because they seem to bounce over the snow he must have just pulled it a little.

I have started to crochet a hat, I saw a picture on pinterest but didn't have those colours so I am working with what I have but it also wont look like the image in that I am just doing double crochet (at least I hope that is what I am doing!)  I haven't done this for about a year and I had only just started then so stay with me this is just an experiment.  I am basically making it as a rectangle that I will gather in then make a pom pom for.  I will share in a few days when I have added a few more rows, I know many of you would do a hat in an evening but I am  a novice at this you see, sewing is my first love. 

This afternoon I made  this Lemon tart from Best of Vegan, I had to adapt the pastry so it was gf so my pastry had gram flour, gf plain flour, flax seed and pure vegan spread in it.  It came out really nice so follow the link if you want to make it, if you are not GF you could just make the coconut crust from the original recipe.

We had alpro soy cream on it, it is very tangy but I like it like that, I am going to try and do a new desert each weekend until I run out of ideas.

I hope you are all keeping safe and have a lovely week. 


4 comments:

  1. El vestido queda muy bien con el bolsillo en contraste, además resalta tu imagen con el fondo blanco de la nieve, espero ver tu sombrero.
    Disfruta de ésa rica tarta y BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of our cats is called Lupin! Your dress looks lovely. I don't seem to find the time to concentrate on garment sewing just now but I do have a pattern in mind that I want make a start on soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy the lemon tart looks delicious. Loved the dress, such a good idea to use a different fabric for the pocket.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...