Tuesday 5 January 2021

A Year of Sewing

 It is an odd start to the year but then I could be wrong and maybe this is just the new normal.  We have all been in school as it is open for key worker children so we are in as a full staff currently. Everyone is feeling a bit put out as lessons were planned and people were feeling ready for a fresh start, let us all hope this is the last push and we will see the back of this thing soon.

I put together a couple of photo grids last week of some of last years sewing makes, one of clothing for me and the other two of my bags.  Of course there was other sewing throughout the year in the form of cushions, accessories, alterations and a few other bits but just looking at my bags and clothes makes me realise I was more productive last year then I thought.


So I ran away with the bag making this year!


This next grid I made first so it has the watermark on the bottom and I have since discovered another way to do this without the writing across it.

We started the new year watching a new drama called the serpent, it was shockingly based on real events. After just a few days we have watched all of it so we now need something new for the dark evenings, any suggestions appreciated.

I have seen a beautiful pattern on the Dee Hardwick page, I looked on there after I made my hare dress in fabric by that designer.  I feel it is stunning but far too ambitious for me, having knitted in the past, it takes me a while and then if don't like the finished garment there is also the cost as materials are not cheap.  I know there are a few of you out there who could whip this up no problem, it is lovely...

So it is from a knitting book, here is the link to the page.

If any of you decide to try this I would love to see it completed, it deserves an accomplished knitter. That is all for today so take care and enjoy the rest of the week. 









 

2 comments:

  1. You have made some awesome stuff, I like that I can recognise some fabrics too! I would loooooooove that sweater and I can knit!!!! Off to follow the link. Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you can knit! I look forward to seeing it popping up on your blog, with envy ;) x

      Delete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...