Thursday 6 August 2020

Summer Days

Hello everyone I hope you are enjoying the summer, we are trying to make the best of being at home.  My husband had two holiday days last week so we went to Chatsworth gardens on Friday.  It was hot so we left the dogs at home with my son, we did see a few dogs being pulled around exhausted and they did not look happy so I think we made the right decision.   The gardens are beautiful and I am glad we had a look but we both agreed that the estate is so large that next time we will pay to park and explore the wider area but not pay for the gardens now that we have seen them. 
We took a picnic and I am glad we did as I remember when we visited at Christmas there was not a great deal for me to eat.  We found a nice spot near some ducks on a bench and had our lunch there.
There were people swimming in the river and really making the most of the good weather, there were also families with children playing on the waterfall steps.  We thought it was nice that they let them do this as some places would have come and told them to stop in this world of health and safety gone mad.  At the first sign of anyone having fun there is usually someone with a clipboard ready to put a stop to it. 
 I was about to add another image but I have tried three times and this new set up keeps changing my font to blue and underlined no matter how many times I change it back or try to remove the underline!  I am losing my patience with it.

I have just been weeding the garden, this took me a lot longer than I thought it would, I also had a go at taking some hydrangea cuttings while I was out there.  There are now three in pots, I followed the instructions as I read them online so now it is just a case of waiting to see what happens. 

There has been some bag making this past week and I have also added a make up bag, I thought I would do some smaller items for my Esty shop as sometimes people may not want a bigger gift.  I have to say that I end up taking quite a bit of time on the little things too as I end up faffing about with fabric!    The bag I made I used a panel I created some time ago called cathedral window, it has been sitting waiting for the right project.

















3 comments:

  1. That's such a lovely photo of you, all summery and smiley. Glad you didn't bring the dogs, they might have insisted going back to the car before you finished exploring the gardens. There's kids swimming in the river Kelvin in my part of town. It looks like fun but involves climbing over a high fence - not for me. When I was living in Bern (Switzerland), part of our lunchtime routine in summer was to walk to the river Aare, change into our costumes, walk upriver for a mile or so, hop in and float downriver back to our clothes. It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always lovely to see people out enjoying themselves isn't it, and I agree that health and safety does get in the way of this. Your bags are so lovely. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with blogger. It takes the enjoyment out of blogging when that happens doesn't it. I do hope those issues stop soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely in your wonderful top at the garden. Sounds like a wonderful day. I am having trouble with blue text and underlines. My photos are all off in size, I thought it was me! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...