Tuesday 6 August 2019

Making and Sorting

Do you ever start something and then wonder how  a simple job could have taken you so long? Well that is how I am feeling today.  I have a big folder with all sorts of house stuff in it, you know the kind where everyone puts things they don't want to lose. Well I am on my third folder and it had broke again so I have decided everyone is going to have their own as clearly we are trying to cram too much into one large one.  So I set about getting rid of papers no longer needed, organising and so on. Then I couldn't find my breakdown cover, I called them and it turns out that has expired and I was going to call to change the car details too. So another job of finding new  breakdown cover had pooped up!  It is all done now but I did notice the overhead cupboards are a bit untidy  so that is a job for tomorrow.

That aside, over on Minerva crafts today you can see the full post for my mock jumpsuit here . It has had a lot of wear already as it is really comfy and washes well.
This morning I completed another little bag, it would go really nice with my swan skirt but I have listed it.  The idea being I am supposed to be making them to stock etsy and folksy shops but I always like them. The real annoying thing for me is making things and then putting them away in cupboards to just wait around for the possibility of someone wanting them when I could be using them.  I have a feeling I would be a dreadful actual shop owner, the sight of full shelves with items fading but never used would make me sad.
While we were away last week I finished reading The familiars by Stacey Halls it was excellent. I like the fact that she used real people from history to build her story around and it was good to get stuck into a book after a few false starts. After I finished it I watched a little documentary about the Pendle witch trials as this was the central theme to the story.  Unfortunately I have since started 'Circe' and didn't like that, Enchantee, but that was my fault as it is YA fiction and I didn't realise when I ordered it and finally The Meryl Streep Movie club. The last one was in the holiday rental and I did persevere but it really wasn't for me.  Any suggestions for my next read are greatly appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. Your jumpsuit & your swan bag are just gorgeous. Everything you make is so wonderful - you are very clever. (I am having trouble commenting on this post so hope this only shows up once!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bag!! It's stunning. I only do one thing at a time and sometimes it takes a long time. In my head it's a quick project, but it never seems to be quick. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mock jump-suit looks lovely, it really suits you. I'll have to check-out the Minerva post later. I am about two years behind with filing paperwork.... well done for tackling yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mock jumpsuit is lovely - you got the fit exactly right!

    For your next book, how about ‘Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine’, if you haven’t already read it?

    Paperwork fills me with horror, kudos for getting on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jumpsuit looks lovely and I really like the bag!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...