Friday 30 August 2019

Many Bags!

This week I have done more bag making, if you have noticed my little image for the Etsy shop you may have noticed that the little bag there matches my dining chairs!  Well I didn't want to waste that little bit of fabric, here it is I started it after I finished the chairs.


I have been listening to some podcasts from create and thrive and also reading the information on the site.  A lot of the advice about Etsy selling is all about being constantly having an online presence, posting to Instagram and other social media. I may have said before but I don't really want to make social media my life so if that is the only way to go it may not be for me.  So I am adding a few more and then I will them sit a bit and just see what happens.

Next up was a blue bag using up a few bits I have left over from a dress I made for a Minerva post, a few pieces of canvas only big enough for strips and some former duvet cover lining.  The faux leather I still have a bit left of that.  There was also a bit of experimenting here making a bird keyring  to go with the fabric.


Today I have almost finished another one but I think I will keep this one, it is a bit wild colour wise and I used part of a charity shop bag for the top, I will share later when it is complete.

I had a nice walk and a cup of tea at a cafĂ© today with my friend, I also showed her where the  local fabric shop is as she wanted me to make her some tops.  Of course I couldn't come out empty handed and bought a gorgeous piece for me, it is now blowing on the line.  I thought I would wash it immediately to save me prematurely sewing it up later unwashed and regretting it.

Sense and Sensibility is finished and I didn't think much of it, if you are going to read any of the Austin project novels don't choose that one or maybe just stick to the original as the modern day character versions were far too tedious.

The garden is beginning to look tired, though I have to say the flowers have had a really good run.  There are just a few things still to open and they were planted quite late, the rest needs a good sort through now.

Well that's all for today.





4 comments:

  1. Your bags are fantastic! I only read the originals. I watched the first episode of Sanditon and was a bit um and ah. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented. I also think you are very generous, making tops and doing alterations for so many others - whether it is curtains or clothes you always seem to have some unselfish sewing on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely I especially like the orla kiely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bags and I know how you feel about social media! I also hate taking photos (as mine are rubbish) so I tend just to sew and not post.... I love seeing other people's creations though and yours are especially lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...