Tuesday 7 May 2024

Me Made May 2024

 Hello everyone I hope you are all doing well I know it has been a while.  There are so many things that I haven't posted that I just don't know where to start so for now I am going to share my Me made May so far just to get the ball rolling.  As I have been absent from here a while I thought this would just get me moving in the right direction. 

Are you taking part in Me Made May? If so what is your pledge?  I have decided to focus on remaking, repairing and using up fabrics that are in little bits.  I have made a start and I will share these another day, today I will show you my outfits for the last few days which have all been made previously and a couple have had a bit of a tweak to get them into regular circulation.

So for day one I wore the Kielo wrap dress by named clothing, made up in jersey.  I love this colourful fabric and the dress is really comfortable.


Day 2 we were out on our bikes and I wore this top from burda magazine, the top has sleeves that are in two pieces with sort of a mock short sleeve at the top.  The reason for this is that I was using up scrap fabrics when I made this, the back is also in two pieces with a central back seam.  It has a zip neck and feels a bit sporty.  The fabric is viscose challis in painted bouquet from Minerva.


Day 3, I am wearing the Tremplin cargo trousers by maison fauve made last year, the top is a t shirt part burda mag and part self drafted as I changed so much on it!  The fabric for the trousers is cotton twill,
 the fabric for the T is cotton pique.

Day 4, I am wearing the morgan jeans in green denim by closet core, and the top is a new look pattern but I have added sleeves to the t shirt.  The pattern had a jacket , top and trousers and the trousers have been made a lot. New look pattern K6532.  The top is jersy fabric.


Day 5, Morgan jeans again but this time with a style arc top in viscose challis.  The pattern is called retro rockery and some days I love it, and others not sure I think it depends on the weather outside. 


Day 6, I am wearing a self drafted t shirt in jersey and a simplicity 8652 pencil skirt,  that I have recently altered from the waist to make it shorter.  It has cute kick pleats at the back that I didn;t want to lose but I did want to be able to walk in it at speed so I took quite a chunk out of it.  Now it will be worn more often.

Here we are a Dam flask...


Well that ia all for today I will try and be more on it with this blog, but right now I need to get on with some work, walk the dog, return something to asda (out of date bread grrrr!) and a million other things.

Take care everyone. 







2 comments:

  1. Qué atareada estás y tus modelos de Mayo se ven muy bien. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely May outfits! I am not taking part, I am too lazy to take photographs...

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

What to Let Go

 Hello everyone, so I have mentioned that for memademay I am focusing on remaking and using up fabric scraps.  This has presented me with a ...