Sunday 8 January 2023

McCall's Shirt Make and Other Sewing

 

Hello I hope you are all having a lovely weekend, a quick catch uo today to show what I have been making and doing this week.  So far I am on track with my intentions, last week I split one of my projects over two days  to take advantage of the dry period on one of the days to get out for a longer walk with my dogs although it did catch us while we were out and the two Jack Russels kept stopping and had to be pulled along. They do not like rain!  The project I split up in sessions was this McCall's shirt and here is my husband in it, he doesn't want his face in the picture though.  The fabric is cotton gingham in a blush pink, my husband really likes this shirt.



I also made two dresses and they are both very bright viscose challis, the red one is lined and the white one ha a lined bodice.


Doesn't this just look like water colours?


I love the colours on this one, the red with the pink is such a good combination and probably not one I would put together when dressing.

The Anthony Horowitz book I was reading A Line to Kill was another good read and I finished that earlier today.  Although I am going to start my library book  before reading the rest of my Anthony Horowitz books as I feel if I read them all in one go it may put me off, too much of the same can do that can't it?

After visiting my mum a few days ago we have arranged to go out later in the week in the day time, this is something I want to try and get her to do more often as she enjoys it once out but can be a bit reluctant when asked, but then feels she is in a lot.  It is just a case of once out and made the effort she enjoys it.

Friday evening we went to see Avatar the way of water, it was so long. Visually really good but being in the cinema for such a long time is not for me.  It seemed everyone was getting a bit fidgety. 

Yesterday I spent a good few hours drawing then adding colour, I chose a ballerina from one of my ballet programmes.  I am really happy with it especially the limbs, also one hand good the other not so much so this needs a lot of practise.  I chose it because I really loved the line of the body, also had fun adding colour to the tull skirt. Later I did some more figures but trying to sketch quickly, I find this hard as I want to stop and rub out and redo. 

I hope you all have a super week, back soon. 





2 comments:

  1. La camisa le queda fenomenal a tu esposo y los vestidos son muy bonitos, me gusta mucho como te queda el rojo. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shirt! The dresses are also beautiful. Pink and red is a favourite combination of colours for me, maybe with a splash of orange. Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...