Wednesday 23 February 2022

A quiet week

  Hello everyone, I have been intending to write a post for the last couple of days but then I get doing something else and another days has passed.  We came away from the storms unscathed I hope you are all ok wherever you are, it was mainly just noisy and there are lots of fallen branches in the local park. A few roads were closed briefly  near by but nothing too disruptive.  These bigger weather events do appear to be happening more often in the UK it is not something we are used to here, I know other parts of the world have these extremes a lot and have a lot to cope with weather wise.  I do have to say other than being a bit wet most of the time we do have it quite pleasant mostly.

As I write this I am watching the birds on the feeders, we have so many, there are currently a couple of long tailed tits (I think that is right) a great tit, a  few sparrows and three pigeons keep coming and landing near by trying to figure out how to get on!  We have feeders all over the garden and  pigeons nearby that have been eating all the food in one sitting so my husband has taken the large trays off the bottom so they can't land as they were stopping the smaller birds from getting anything. I have told him he is getting grumpy as he keeps going to the window and shooing the pigeons off, they have to eat too but they are very greedy. 

The garden is coming alive which I love to see, the alliums are all popping up and I didn't realise I would get these returning I thought I had to buy more but didn't get around to it. So that is a nice bonus, I do garden but I am not knowledgable about it I just plant, nurture and know the names of what I grow and enjoy it.

A favourite make of this last week has been this skirt...




It is in chambray and the buttons down the front are the ones that pop and you use a tool to press them on.  Well I am not very good at applying these  so have hit my fingers many times and lots of cursing but I do love the finished skirt.  Art gallery fabrics chambray from Minerva.  The pattern was not lines but I always line any skirts that I know I will wear a lot.

I have been trying my best to take care of my stomach this week, I think I always do but sometimes slip amd eat things I shouldn't so I printed off the LOWFODMAP list and I have stuck to it. I have had a much better week with my stomach and it pains me to say that maybe it is onions and garlic😢. As a Gf vegan I need flavour in my food so I use these a lot but if it means being miserable with stomach ache it is not worth the taste. I may eat a little when next we go out as it is so hard to eat out as it is, we do this very rarely so that can be my gentle reintroduction.  It does say you should try small amounts to test once you have reached a comfortable point, so we will see. If anyone knows of any alternatives in the way of herbs that I can use that would be great.  I already eat cumin, tumeric, italian herbs with no isuues and ginger. Also I have read you can eat the green of spring onions but not the whites but I have not tried that.

Well that is all for now I hope you are having a good week. Take care. 



5 comments:

  1. Esa falda es muy coqueta. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias. Esta falda es mi favorito en el momento. Decir me si yo escrito correcto Arish, por favor. x

      Delete
    2. Siiiii, escribes correcto. BESICOS.

      Delete
  2. That's a cute skirt. Did you mention the pattern? I've got some hungry pigeons in my garden, as you say, they need to eat, too. I don't mind so much, they pick up the mess the smaller birds make, picking up seeds from the ground. Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The pattern is Burda 6252, I did lengthen the short version by about 10cm as the one on the cover is very short! There is a long version but it is a different style. x

      Delete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...