Thursday 25 November 2021

A New Coat

 Well it has got a lot colder all of a sudden and I finished my new coat at the weekend, it was an unlined pattern but I do like a lined coat so a few days ago I purchased some emerald green lining and I am going to add that to it.  It will be a pretty quick job to do that as the coat is already complete.  It is just a case of cutting out the front, back and sleeve  pieces again in lining fabric, attaching them and slipping it inside before hand stitching around facings, hem and cuffs.  I do like a bit of hand stitching, I know it is not everyones cup of tea but I do find it very relaxing.

The pattern for the coat is depicted on the cover using a much lighter fabric from what can gather, I have made this in vegan coating.  To me if it is warm enough to wear a light weight fabric then it is warm enough that you won't need a long coat, but that is just my opinion.  So I feel making this in a heavier fabric makes it a more wearable winter garment.   I also think that a coat slides on and off much better when it is lined aso that is why I have gone for this extra step.


I made the belt a little narrower although I still think it is a wide belt, there are pockets in the sides of the coat.  There will be some photos of it on when I get around to it.


I have cut out another wrap over top so I will be putting that togther over the next few days too, it is in a striped fabric and I look forward to seeing how this works on this style.

Earlier in the week some new sewing scissors arrived, an early gift for me that I needed as mine keep on snagging the fabric even though they are not old (they do get a lot of use)  I am not entirely sure  a family member may have used them for none fabric purposes at some point, I can't be sure but they did go blunt suddenly a while ago and you will know what I mean.  It made me laugh as someone said to me the other day is that all you are having as a gift? Well it is what I need and want so in that case it is perfect.

This  week we have been watching a series called Guilt on iplayer and I am enjoying that, we saw a bit of the second series and didn't know what was going on, then we realised it had a first season so we looked for it.  I am glad we have found something as there is a an awful lot of rubbish on at the moment and I do like to have one series we can pop on before bed.  After dinner early evening we do other things but after nine I like to just watch for an hour or so.s

The Christmas tea is out now too so we know it is getting close, I really fancied buying myself some mulled wine tea bags and then I saw the postage was almost as much as the tea so I didn't bother.  Any tips for what I can add to my tea in terms of spices anyone to get the same effect? (not actual red wine though itgives me headache!)  Here is my current cup...

 Have a lovely day.












9 comments:

  1. Ese abrigo parece muy calentito. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely, I like the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a beautiful coat. A green lining sounds perfect. I love your teacup too. Thanks so much for your kind comment over on my blog.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the green lining in now and I have also improved the belt I must take more pictures. Thank you. x

      Delete
  4. Your coat is so beautiful, and so neatly made; you are very skilled at sewing. I have loved watching your youtube channel, so I do hope you will do more. I have found everything so helpful as you are excellent at explaining and showing us how to do things. I have watched other youtubers do refashioning but you really do explain the 'how' and not just tell us what you did. You are very modest about all that you do which is not that common these days.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much. I will be doing more I have been so busy recently with various sewing and my day job. Thank you for watching them. Would you be so kind as to leave some comments there as I don't get that many. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what a fab coat. I really want to develop my sewing skills next year.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...