Tuesday 29 December 2020

Slow Pace

 How is it going where you are?  I hope everyone is enjoying the rest and not feeling too cut off from everything.  My husband popped down to the shop earlier and he said he has never seen it so quiet in our little town, I know it is Christmas but  there are usually people pottering about in the streets.  The little bit of snow here this morning may have put them off, but it did look pretty for about an hour before it all melted. 

I have been making a dress today using a magazine pattern that I have had for some time, the fabric is from Happy Hare in Chapeltown and the colours are lovely. I made a few adjustments as ever and also had to add a couple of tucks to the front as it hung on me in a non flattering way, I also took the side and back seams in a little.  I decided against full darts to shape it as I didn't want to interfere with the pattern, the tucks I added at the front bring it in a little without cutting through the pattern too much.


So I have had an enjoyable afternoon making this, it is actually finished now but the light went pretty quick so I will photograph it on over the next few days in daylight.  I did get one on the mannequin while I was still at the fitting stage.  There is a small opening at the back of the neck with a loop and button to fasten.  I faced the hem with a binding before hemming to make it a bit neater, other than the dress being a bit baggy for my liking it is a nice shape I think the fitting issue is just my preference because it fits really well on the arms, upper body and shoulders so it is clearly meant to be baggy.  has anyone else made this pattern and if so how did you find it?  


There are pins in the front there where I made my little tucks, the frill on the sleeves are also a bit shorter than the ones on the pattern piece as I felt they may get in the way if they were  any bigger.  It is a gorgeous quality fabric by Dee Hardwick who usually does knitting patterns I believe.  I used some of her fabric a while ago in the dragonfly handbag I made and that was really colourful too. 

Here is a look at a gift I made for a friend, it is a multi purpose scarf/wrap.  I thought it could be worn now as a scarf or later as a bikini wrap if we ever get to travel again! Then my friend could wear it on holiday.  I paired this with some posh soap I bought when we went to Chatsworth a couple of weeks ago for the lights. 



I have been nibbling on some lovely vegan chocolates that I received for Christmas, this will not become a habit as they are quite expensive for what they are but nice to have as a holiday treat.


Something tells me I am probably not the only one eating chocolate at the moment while watching the Worlds Strongest Man!  Right I am off now to do some Pilates and work it off, back soon. Have a good new year everyone. 





3 comments:

  1. I really like the fabric of your new dress, hares are in my top five list of favourite animals. All quiet here just now but during the day the canal paths and other local woodland paths are quite busy. Happy new year when it comes x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...