Monday 21 December 2020

Rainy Day Sewing

 A rainy day again! So time for a bit more sewing I have made up another Joni dress from the Tilly stretch book.  Of course I no longer have the book as it was a library book but I did trace off the pattern and I have used it a few times.  I like the shape at the top although it does look a bit weird when not being worn due to the twist.  My husband was not a fan of the fabric when it arrived as he says it looks like 70's curtains. How rude! ;)  I love it as the colours are incredible and I do love prints with wild colours and flowers.





No time to try it on as I was straight on to my next make of the day which is a vintage style satin skirt for my son's girlfriend, she loves this style of clothing. I made the pattern myself using her  measurements and a bit of tweaking from another pattern.  Of course she can't be here so I hope it fits ok when she eventually gets to try it on.  Under normal circumstances I would have her here to try on before it was fully finished but I have just had to go for it and finish up.   I am also waiting on the arrival of some red fabric to make her a vintage dress for Christmas but that is not here yet. It may have to be a late gift, I know the post is a bit crazy at the moment with all that is going on.


A few more bags made up this week, one of them with a winter scene and one with dogs...



I finished my book The Shadow of the Wind, it was ok but I won't be dashing to buy the next one, the cover said it will change your life and I think it exaggerated just a bit. All the way through I had a mild interest to see what would happen but nothing more.  It did not leave me eager to read the next chapter at any point and I had no real attachment to any of the characters, so that says it all really.  I picked up a few books in the Charity shop on Saturday and a few for my mum too.  It is hard picking them up for her as I don't know what she has read and I have to think what she will like as our tastes are very different.

A few days ago I started making bows from the envelopes as they are opened, these are to go on gifts and I do try to keep paper waste at a minimum from the wrapping and so on at this time of year.  I have some re-usuable boxes that we get out every year for our boys presents and they have been going since they were small! Not everything fits in these but I also keep all the gift bags that come our way too and use brown paper and trimmings. The metallic paper is the worse to recycle, so if any that can be removed carefully and used again it is best to do that. 

          These are really easy to do it is just strips of paper, any paper, magazine pages work too.

We have watched a really fun series on Netflix this week called Home for Christmas, it is a Norwegian series and this was series two we watched series one last year.  It is funny and worth a look while having the bonus of being a bit festive so maybe put it on your watch list for the coming weeks.

That is all for now, enjoy the week.



2 comments:

  1. Un vestido precioso y la falda de la novia de tu hijo le va a encantar.
    Tienes muy buenas manos para hacer bolsos y adornos para los regalos, está muy bien lo de reciclar y aprovechar envoltorios. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, "70's curtain" is all the rage, it is a gorgeous dress and so is that wonderful skirt. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...