I then had a play around with different shapes for the sleeves, I finally settled on a capped raglan which was going to have pleats at the shoulder but it looked too fussy. (old fashioned)
I hand stitched the pleats in place once I had pinned them so that they didn't move about when I removed it from the mannequin. The sleeves were trimmed to fit and notched at the centre shoulder.
When I had joined my neck pieces together I pinned the front and back pieces to them so I could get an idea how it would look, this was to save on unpicking later but because of this fabric shifting and fraying there was lots of that anyway.
I added a band around each sleeve for a neater finish and because it was a bit flimsy without. There are belt loop each side, in the photos it is a ribbon tie belt but I have also tried it with a slim patent belt.
I like it now it is finished but there has been a bit of cursing going on under my breath mainly due to the amount of fray!
The rest of the day has been quite a lazy one as I did not want to miss any of the sunshine, we get a little crazy her in the UK don't we at the first sign of sunshine because who knows how long it will last. A bank holiday weekend with sun is particularly unusual we opted not to go anywhere as the traffic would have been mad so I just nipped to the shop for beer, to drink in the sun of course. I hope everyone else has been enjoying the weather too.