Tuesday 20 February 2018

Shirt Dress

This is a short post today, I have been busy decorating all day and still lots to do.  I have a new shirt cut out and ready to sew up but that has to wait until all spring decorating is done, I do have a shirt dress on Minerva crafts blog this was lovely to make and I will be making more just as soon as I choose the fabric.
The pictures are really badly lit I know but hopefully that is coming to an end as the evenings are getting lighter hurray!
Today as I was moving the bookcase to paint I had the idea that maybe I don't need most of my books, I know it is nice to keep favourites but really there is a lot of stuff on there that I will never read again and to be honest I never really liked the first time around.  So there will probably be another large charity shop donation this week.   Sometimes it takes a bit of decorating to make you realise why do we have all this stuff?  It took a while just to empty the bookcase so that I could lift it, then you think why am I wasting time doing this, are these things needed? When my husband came home I said well it makes you understand the minimalist lifestyle when you have move everything.  He didn't quite get it, he pointed out where I've missed a bit :( . I always do the decorating during half term, I may be off school but it is still work and I know decorators get paid a packet for the hours I put in. A good job love would suffice!

Rant over and more to do tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. It is a lovely dress. I have just made the kalle shirt dress which has a bit more of a casual vibe but this is great for school or work. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing some painting and I must admit I didn't realise how tiring it is. One of my major problems is my height so I am constantly up and down a step ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just started the follow up book (The Girl in the Spider's Web) and may now regret having taken the 3 Stieg Larsson Girl books to the charity shop!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...