having looked at some of the gorgeous stuff others are doing in this area I thought I would set myself the task of trying at least one new item of patchwork a month and try out some of the many designs out there.
If I have more time or the items are quick I may do more but I thought one was a realistic starting point in addition to the clothes making and alterations I do.
I have completed my first item today and I copied this from this blog cluck cluck sew and here they are referred to as sprocket pillows. I love her fabric choices and the ones there look much neater than mine but hey first attempt so I am pleased with mine. I can see it needs a bit of tweaking my home made cushion is a bit small in the case so the side needs to be made narrower I think.
As you can see it is a bit loose in the case I also think the button needs to be bigger and be pulled more tightly through the other side but I did not have the tool to do it properly. My husband made me something when I re-upholstered the old caravan but I don't know where that has gone!
The cushion inside I made from my old bathrobe and some toy filling that I had left from ages ago so I don't know how this will hold up under constant use, we will see.
I also didn't use the instructions from the website above I just made a circle then divided it up using old newspaper and added a seam allowance when I cut out the fabric.
I found this quite a relaxing make and you can use up lots of odd bits this way so I think I will be making more of these. I did two pieces of each fabric but you could just do one and do more or less triangles.
Last night while watching the T.V I got a few more cards done, I'm going to store them in a box so I have a good supply for the coming year.