Saturday 4 March 2023

Recovery and Dress Making

 Hello everyone I hope you are all doing well. We have not had a very good past few weeks as we all came down with the winter sick bug a week ago and it wiped us all out for a week barely able to get out of bed!  Then we have recovered but are still all very lethargic, I think this is due to lack of sleep as we were very sick and while trying to rest you can't really when running to the bathroom all the time plus lack of food for a week.  There is is not a lot on us to start with so going without food all week has left us seriously depleted in fuel.  Anyhow sad story over and know there are people dealing with much worse but it does set you back, March is here and I would love to say I am raring to go for spring but just puttin one froot in front of the other at the moment.  We do have a little break away booked so I am hoping we will be in full health by then. 

I have caught up on a few quilt blocks these last few days, made some more undies and also my work.  A few days ago I made this cord skirt using some of the fabric I was gifted a while ago.  Even the lining was gifted.  There was a mishap with rushing to get on with it as I made it with the nap going in two different directions!  Tried it on and spotted it, so I had to unpick the whole thing and recut a front and back panel.  It all worked out well in the end and i wore it yesterday, it is very comfy.



I have made this skirt before so I think this is possibly why I was so complacent cutting out, but I should have known better with cord.  In my defence I had been ill so maybe that was it. 

Here are a few of the things I have made since I recovered for work projects...
This is a Burda top that ties at the sides and can also be worn as a dress full length, this one is being sent on so not for me.


This one is New Look 6866, it does not have a belt on the pattern but it was a very loose fitting shape and I do like things to fit to me so I made up this belt to bring it in at the waist and I really love the look now.



Burda 6632 blouse, I really like the details on this although again it is very oversized on me and I made the size 8!  Maybe it is the lack of food last week!  All these fabrics and patterns are from Minerva with the exception of the olive gifted cord in the first image.



I love this blouse although there are such a lot of pieces to this blouse, the whole botton is interfaced and lined but it does give it such a lovely shape.McCall's 7978.

                                                       This is the style arc Courtney top.

I also made this little bag for my Etsy shop as I haven't made one for a while, some of the fabric was in the gifted lot, the charm pack scraps I already had, recycled denim and other repurposed bits.  very bright for spring.




My next plan is to make a quilted demin jacket by quilting some denim fabric that I have,  I have so far changed my design three times the last time being earlier when I was about to cut it out.  I think I am settled on a final plan now? Also changed my mind on the lining fabric, I will now cut out tomorrow before I dither any longer.  I am quite excited about this so fingers crossed it works out how it looks in my head.

That is all for today, enjoy the rest of the weekend.










3 comments:

  1. Celebro que ya estés recuperada de salud y aún con tantos inconvenientes has trabajado muchísimo. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias Arish. Estoy haciendo mi mejor esfuerzo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear that you have been ill, I do hope that you are continuing to feel better. You have made so many things, I love the corduroy skirt such a lovely design on the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...