Saturday 28 November 2020

Squirrel Bag

 We have the luxury of a long weekend at my school this week so there were lots of excited people ready to enjoy the free time and relax.  Not a lot doing with the miserable weather however, my husband did get off for a bike ride yesterday but as I have had a two day migraine I couldn't join him and it looks like being the only good day of the weekend too.  Oh well never mind, I managed to drag myself out to the supermarket today despite still feeling rubbish but the shopping had to be done.  My husband did offer to go alone but  I know I am being a control freak but either he would have come back without stuff I wanted or I would have had to sit and write a list.  To be honest trudging around the supermarket did seem like the easier option with my current brain fog so I did that and actually I do  feel a little better now.

I have had a couple of bag sales this week which is always nice and a few more requests for Christmas masks. We are all feeling a bit deflated around here with the latest restrictions in place, I can invite my mum for Christmas lunch but  then there is the balancing it  off with  the fact that I am with children all week long. It really is a worry with elderly relatives while at the same time needing to see them before they completely lose hope.

There was a fully intact tub of tofu in the fridge today that was out of date, I am really annoyed with myself over  that as I am usually really good at avoiding food waste, to the point of ensuring any black bananas go in cakes etc. My husband did try to hand me a perfectly good half of a cauliflower as he on the other hand tries to clean the fridge of food that is perfectly fine just because we have been shopping!   I promptly put it back as I only cut it in half a few days ago it will be fine for tomorrow. 

So here are a few things I have been up to this week, mainly mask making I have to say with  a new bag thrown in for good measure.

I do like this combination of red and navy I think it looks very stylish although I will probably never get my need to keep every bag I make.  See it here


This make up bag too to go with the little skirt that I made last week, I recycled some shiny faux leather my mum donated from a bag and a few other bits to bring it all together.  See it here

I made a lovely vegan stir fry meal for us today when we got back from shopping, well I say vegan my son had his own version in a separate pan with chicken in his.  It all went down very well any way even though I didn't think I fancied all that much. 

There were a few Christmas masks dropped off at my mums front door, we may as we well look the part even if we can't have much of a jolly time for the next month. 
This will only be a thing for about another week I think and then everyone will have the ones they need, after Christmas these will be quite redundant!  My friend did suggest valentines and all sorts but I| am rather hoping there will be  an end to it all.

Well have a good weekend with your families and I will be back soon. 






1 comment:

  1. I love red and navy too. This week a pair of red Dr Marten boots were purchased from ebay and they were worn immediately with navy. Love your bags. I use the one you sent me and think of you. Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...