Tuesday 24 December 2019

A Christmas Treat

Hello and I hope you are all relaxed and ready for the big day without too much stress.  There seems to be too much stress for my liking around what is supposed to be such a peaceful day Anyway we decided to have a gift for each other ( that is my husband and I) in the form of a day out.  We decided to go and see Chatsworth house all decorated for Christmas on Friday, it was such a lovely day and I am glad we went even though it rained all day long!  We still had a walk in the gardens too with the brolly up.  Here are a few festive images of Chatsworth House for you...

 As we walked around different rooms were decorated for different countries so it is really worth a look if you can get over to Yorkshire over the holidays.

 My husband managed to get much better photos than I did, it was very atmospheric but my camera didn't like that.


We are going to return in the summer to do the gardens only but in fairer weather.

I made a bag to order last week also for a friend, this one will be a gift for her daughter.  I am pretty confident she will have never seen this blog so I am ok to share here.

Not so much recycled with this one as I let her choose what materials she wanted so they were all ordered special.  She seemed very pleased with it so that is positive.

I also did one of my Minerva makes this morning, I have three as they all turned up at once but now I am off work it is the time to get on with things.  I chose this faux leather for bag making but as it is light I made a top instead.
It has a crumpled effect, so it doesn't matter if you don't want to iron.

Well that is all for today, I hope you have a Happy Christmas .

3 comments:

  1. We had been talking about going to Chatsworth at Christmas, but never made it - so thanks for these pics! It looks magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed a wonderful Christmas. Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...