Monday 23 September 2019

Separates

This past week I have made a couple of items with some lovely scuba fabric that was sent to me  by Minerva, it is pretty thick so I knew I wanted to make clothes that I could mix and match with it.  I chose a pattern for the top (I then had to take it in as the fabric does not favour a baggy look!)  then I just made up the skirt based on a dress bottom.  I often find I need tops to go with jeans at the weekend so I thought using the fabric this way I could still have a smart two piece for work but also have the flexibility to wear the top with jeans.

My centre check hangs straight on the hanger so it must be me causing it to sway! The fabric feel like it will be easy care too so that is a bonus.
I will be sharing more details later on the full post on Minerva, that will be after Christmas however.

Speaking of Christmas I shared my plans for a different kind of Christmas with my son who has just returned from Spain, he thought it was a good idea so up to now there is no resistance to my non conformist plan ;)  so that's good.  We celebrate the rest of the season quite simply too so no stress here.  I mention this as I have seen it starting to creep into the shops already, in September I think it is too soon.  Who is buying selection boxes now?   I'll tell you the best time to buy those and it's boxing day.

This weekend we watched Bohemian Rhapsody on the T.V and I have to say I enjoyed it, the film was not one that I thought of as a must see but the actors did a really good job and the music of course made the film.  Earlier in the week we watched A Star is Born, again I was uncertain but another good film so check that one out too.  We have a free trial for the films so that is why we are watching more than usual.  I wouldn't pay extra for the film packages normally as I find that once you have seen the few you are interested in it becomes a bit of a waste.

All three of my dogs have been sick over the weekend, we think it must be something they are eating on the garden but we can't find what. All on the mend now, I know bulbs are toxic but we don't have any of those on the back, also holly berries but again there is none of that.  It is so frustrating as dogs really will eat anything, a neighbour of mine was shaking their apple tree really violently the other day so the apples flew every where.  We saw this so my husband ran and picked them up before the dogs saw them but if he hadn't we would have let them out and they would have made themselves sick eating those. They wouldn't fall over it is too far away it was the effect of bending the tree over that catapulted them over!

I am finding it starting to get dark too quickly for my liking at the moment, I have made a note to myself to find something to love in all the seasons.  So activities, things to watch for and enjoy, our summers are short here in the UK so the only way is to embrace all the seasons.  Any tips for how you enjoy the darker months are most welcome.

3 comments:

  1. I love the cosy evenings when the nights draw in. I light the stove and a few candles and watch the lights flickering, it makes for a wonderful ambience. Perfect time of year for a crochet project on your lap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I've felt that scuba fabric and I thought it really strange and rubbery, but it looks lovely on you. We have to be careful very that Ranger doesn't pick up discarded food as he easily gets a dicky tummy. I'm glad your doggies are feeling better. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being able to mix and match the two is a really good idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...