Tuesday 22 January 2019

Tidy Finds

Hello, well it is so cold now that I really don't want to go very far, I am quite happy to be home once I get in from work so other than walking the dogs we haven't been very far at all.  I have been doing more organising of cupboards and it does feel better to be able to see what is in them.  My husband has also got involved and sorted two mess drawers and the cupboard next to the fridge.  This last tidy up found two long forgotten books at the back of the cupboard and it was like getting a little gift!  The first one I bought many years ago and will come in extra handy now that I have a greenhouse (I'm looking forward to spring when I can use it again).  The book is by Geoff Hamilton if any of you remember his show from years ago.

I think we must have put it away years ago and forgotten all about it, so much information in one book.   The second book is full of pasta dishes and really is a lovely book, I remember I got it when I was a member of a book club a long time ago.  It has lots of meat dishes that I won't eat and the recipes are for wheat pasta but I think I can use the recipes for inspiration to make vegan, gluten free dishes, I'll let you know how that goes!
So due to the tidy bookcase that has had seven books removed and taken to the charity shop, these two books have been given a proper place.

My car has decided it does not like the cold, it came to a juddering stop yesterday but then managed to restart after a little rest, I've booked it in for a check-up and service better to be safe I think.  I know the feeling, these cold mornings are really not my thing at all so that must be fuelling all the nesting activities.

A colleague of mine told me today that there has been an increase in the number of donations made to charity shops since Christmas, supposedly off the back of the Marie Kondo organising craze.  This is good news for them I think, hopefully the people donating will not go and buy lots of mass produced items to replace what they gave away.

Etsy Shop




1 comment:

  1. January is always a month for decluttering to make space for the Christmas gifts. My daughters have a clear out before Christmas, the children are asked to donate things that they don't play with anymore to give to children who are not as fortunate as they are. This time of year we like to get the gardening books out to start making our plans for the garden, so your new found book should certainly come in useful for planning purposes.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...