Monday 9 April 2018

April Catch Up

Well today it actually looks like spring is here and a good job as my husband has just finished my greenhouse, I say finished it just needs mini guttering to connect to its own little water butt, then that is it.  I will post in full on this when I sort through all the photos. Make the most of the weather though as the rest of the week looks gloomy.

We have just had a week away, it was a nice change despite the weather in a little village called Allendale in Northumberland.  The cottage was gorgeous and really friendly local people in the pubs, we did not get to do all the walking we had planned due to the fact that little legs would have completely disappeared in mud (small dogs).  We did get to walk around the town and also visited Hexham and Carlisle while we were there, one day saw a lot of snow and we enjoyed walking in that while it was fresh and white.  I have a few photos of the house here to share but all other images are on the big camera which is still in my husbands car! I will have to sort those later too.


Little Easter wreath on the door when we arrived which I thought was a nice touch, here you can see we were right in the square so three pubs on the doorstep, an art gallery, gift shop, tea rooms and a really good co-op that even catered for my difficult needs.

Setting up the dogs crates is always a priority, they go everywhere with us but sleep in those at night.

I will share more later when I have collected all the images from all the devices.  We would like to visit there again maybe in the summer months one year, not this year though I have decided no more holidays this year I booked that one on something of a whim.  We will be enjoying our time off at home for the rest of the year with odd days out.

While I was away I re-read Jane Eyre, I read this  years ago but I loved it this time, I bought a copy for myself and a friend as we are off to the theatre this week to see the ballet version of it and I thought it would be nice to read it before we go.


The odd thing is now that I have  finished it I have started another novel and the writing seems so poor in comparison, while I do realise that some of the classic novels can be really hard going it was a real jolt to go straight from such formal writing to a modern novel.

This morning I have shortened my charity shop skirt that I bought before I went away, I also took it in at both sides as it was sitting on my hips it may have been the correct position but it was annoying me so I adjusted it.
I took a chunk off the bottom and pinned it where I wanted it, then I undid the waist band and ran it in down both sides.

When I set about this task this morning I must have looked in every sewing box trying to find the cotton that was just the right colour, I knew I had some as I could see it in my mind and after looking in very box maybe twice I saw it ...


On the overlocker at the back of the table!  How could I have missed that? it really is a worry.  The skirt is now a more wearable length for me.


So while it is nice to get away sometimes it is always good to be back, even the dogs slept in later after that first night home.  I will try to get back into a more routine blogging schedule too now I'm home.

4 comments:

  1. What a great little fix to make your skirt more wearable. The cottage does look lovely. What a nice touch with the Easter wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely break away, looking forward to seeing the pictures of a beautiful part of the World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last comment contained a link to an unknown source, I thought it was best to remove it so my readers did not link to it without being sure of the content.

      Delete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...