Then when I tried it on and the lining was in and two rows of topstitching done, it stuck out a little bit at the front on the yoke bit at the stomach. This was a mystery as it had not stuck out on the last trying on! So now it has a pin in the front holding up the bottom section until I get my picker and undo all that topstitching and redo the front. I am not doing it now I need to step away from it for a while to save my sanity. The thing is if I had not put in the pocket plackets the sticking out bit could probably have just been solved by deepening the darts, but as they run through the pockets that is not and option.
Here is the back and that is hanging ok
Here you can see I have tucked up a section at the front and put a pin in. I will mark this on the inside then unpick the front, when I am in the mood. Once that is done it will be great but now it is time to move on or I will end up not wearing it if it annoys me too much in the making process.
So things do not always go smoothly and even though I have made this before and it mostly came together quickly I then got bogged down in a few things that went wrong. I know some beginners may get stressed and feel they have wasted time when this happens, the thing is most things work out really well and there are always going to be some things that get a bit sticky. Just put it to one side for a bit and come back to it with fresh eyes another day. I will do a shot of this skirt being worn in future.