Here it is...
As the bathroom is a damp place and my window is right next to the bath I decided that this time I was going to use the coated fabric. You know the kind you use as wipe-able table cloths, so we went and had a look and found this...
It has little pebbles all over it which will go really well with two pictures I have in my bathroom.
This is the lovely orange one I took down, but don't worry that fabric will be washed and pressed and I am sure it will come in useful for something in the future.
It is a great design but it does not go with the current neutral colours.
All I did was remove the old fabric by taking out the staples from the tube, I lay the new fabric over the top to get the right size and then stitched a new channel at the bottom for the plastic to go in (the bit that weights the bottom down). If you are starting from scratch you could just make this from a bit of dowel. I didn't even need to hem the sides this time because the fabric being coated it does not fray. We just made sure it was lined up straight on the tube and stapled it with an electric stapler. I'm sure strong glue could probably be used for this bit.
I showed my mum the fabric and she said she could do with something like that as things get splashed on her blind and she has a hard time keeping it clean. I told her to have a look for something she likes and we will do her blind up next.