Monday 1 July 2024

Recent Makes

 Hello everyone I hope you are all doing well. I have had a busy month and have decided to have the day off today, well if you ignore editing a youtube video, planning the next one, cooking, baking and cleaning. Anyway all things of my choosing but still I find it hard to quiet my mind a lot of the time. 

So a few things to catch up on, firstly I am still continuing with my scrap busting projects and having recently received some lovely pieces from Jo at Three Storie High I have made a rucksack.  Now I didn't use a pattern for this I made one up as I went along.  If you are interested in this you can see the process on my youtube channel at Beyond the Sewing Room the link is here  it won't be available until after 6.30 pm today.


So I made this to take out on my bike rides, I wanted it small enough to not be bothersome but just big enough to carry essentials.  I am aware it sagged a bit at the front so I added more padding to the front and around the zipper when I got home.


As you can see in this photo here, where the pink spotted fabric is inside that is where I added 
more padding.



Thank you so much to Jo, I had such fun going through the odd bits and combining the colours I will be making more bags from the remaining pieces as I really need to get back into enjoying that.  I do feel my time spent trying to sell some on Etsy then Folksy had spoilt it a bit for me.  It is true what they say, sometimes making money from these things changes how you look at them. 

Now a couple of weeks ago I had a trip to Annies fabric shop on Abbeydale road Sheffield. It is only the second time I have been and we really enjoyed having a browse and buying a few pieces.  I bought linen in pink for some trousers plus some french terry for an autumn top (I will save that for later).  My friend bought t shirting jersey and some double gauze.  We then had a cuppa at a local tea room in an antique yard.

In other recent makes I made a gabardine jacket for myself as my minerva brand ambassador make, the fabric is called pecan pie and the pattern that I used is the Harriet jacket by style arc.  Now the jacket is plain to start with but I added my own pocket detail to bring some life to the front of it.  I think it works really well.  
It was rather hot that day for the jacket, not so today!



I cut shapes from craft paper to determine how big I wanted the pockets.


The lining is a rose and hubble fabric.

I also made this scrap busting shirt for my husband, there wasn't enough fabric for long sleeves or facings under collar etc.  So I made three quarter sleeves witha tab  and did contrasting undercollar, stand and button band facing.  He loves it and it felt very satisfying to use it up on something so useful and seasonal.






Now this next one was a copy of an image I saw on the sezane website, I sort of made it up as I went and used up some leftover jersey.


I did have the image of the Sezane one for comparison but have to clean up the laptop regularly so it is gone. 

That is just a few of the things I have been making, I hope you are enjoying your projects wherever you are.  Take care everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

Recent Makes

 Hello everyone I hope you are all doing well. I have had a busy month and have decided to have the day off today, well if you ignore editin...