Monday 8 January 2024

A New Cardigan

 Hello, it is very  cold at the moment here as I type this so I am very pleased to share this new cardigan.  It is my brand ambassador make for minerva and I am trying really hard to fill the gaps as I have said before and add things that I need.  I am a big fan of just making what I fancy and this often results in lots of mismatched things.  I have been doing better though.  So having made the Style arc Sabel cardigan before I dicided to recreate it in this pink sweatshirting and to make it a little shorter this time.


         I just used up some buttons that I had, they are all brown but a couple are sloightly different.

There has been some scrapbusting in the form of a new self drafted vest and some knickers, always good for using up all those little bits.


Now I did make more than one pair of knickers but seem to have only photographed the one pair, I really like the fabric lace combo on these. 

Last week I read Weyward by Emelia Hart, I really enjoyed this as the story is about three different women from the same family line in different points in time, there is also the women seen as witches when they were really just healers theme again.  I am now thinking I have read so many like like this now I need to get off this genre it only makes me angry.  Good book though.   I am currently reading two books a non fiction Regenesis  by George Moonbiot and also A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving, I got this one as it had so many good reviews so please let me know if you have read it.

I really tried my best last week with the daylight quota but I have to say it was so miserable all week it felt dark on  every walk apart from Saturday so I don't really think much daylight was getting in.  I will keep at it, that said I did sleep a little better, not great as I wake often (menopause) but I do stick mainly to the same going to bed  time, getting up,  no screens in the bedroom etc.  I deally I would lixke to get up and read when I can'r sleep but as I don't want to disturb the rest of the house and dogs I eng just tossing and turning.

I have tried out a few new patterns for work projects this week I only tried on one as this was in my size so I may make this for myself in the spring...

This is the Rory Jumpsiut by True Bias, it is made in viscose linen and as I said it is not for me but I do like this one.


There are little d rings ties at the sides that make it pull in nicely to give it a bit of shape, it is also sewed in panels which are then topstitched so this is a lovely finish.

Other work makes were...
Alder dress grainline studio

Also the Rosco dress by True Bias


I hope you have had a super first week to the new year and are trying your best to embrace it. Take care. 








1 comment:

  1. Pero cuánto coses, buena forma de comenzar el año. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...