Monday 7 November 2022

Burda Hoodie - Sewing Men's wear

 Hello, just a quick one today.  I thought I would share this hoodie that I made for my husband from Burda magazine 12/2020. I have had my eye on it for a while and I was going to make it as a surprise but then I decided it would be best to let my husband choose his own colours.   It was also useful for trying it on him too, for things such as cuffs.  

He opted for a shade of green (called old green) and also denim blue sweatshirting, the images in the magazine are navy and bright orange which I thought looked really good but I wasn't sure if he would wear it.  I think he needs to be a bit bolder with colours, anyway these colours look really nice together so it all worked out well.



I added a proper cuff to the pattern as the one in the magazine just had a binding around the bottom of the sleeve.  This is definitley a pattern I will make again and I am so pleased that he likes it as I really want to be able to make him more things in future.   

The old Burda magazines are all getting a good look through again too, there are so many options in there and even the ones you don't make first time around can look more interesting at a later date. It is good to use what we have so I am making the most of these issues, plus after a certain amount of time has passed it is like having a new magazine again (or is that just my age!). 


There has also been a bit of bag making as I haven't done any for a while...



I bought these books from the charity shop recently too, I can't quite remember if I shared these already. However after rereading The life changing magic of tidying up I decided once would have been enough and also this lady really loves throwing things away and while we have to declutter I would rather see things used and reused.  If you clear out your whole house in one go the chances are you will be tempted to just bin things you could have rehomed.  Ikigai- I listened to this with a voice over not of my liking on audio book and always felt i would have enjoyed it more if I had read the book so I am pleased with that find.  To kill a mocking bird is a gift.

Well that is all for today, take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...