Saturday 9 July 2022

A Catch up!

 Hello, I don't know where the time is going but this is well over due!  We have had another trip, we went to Angelsey for a week and fell lucky with a fabulous week for the weather, it was so sunny all week and this is the third time we have been so it does seem to me that it is a place with its own little climate.  I am sure people who live there would probably think differently but my view is one of sunny Angelsey.  I will share a few images.


There was a nice breeze near the sea so that made walks along the front doable with dogs, fabulous as it is to have lovely weather we don't walk them in it for long when it is hot or we try to get to wooded areas.


This is a lovely coastal walk that we did, we also did it a few years ago with our sons with us.  This year it was just us and the dogs.

We try to get to a different place each day when we are away, I remember years ago we just used to go away somewhere hot and sunbathe all day, I really can't imagine doing that now.





Once again we stayed on a small site with just five caravans, it was beautiful overlooking a field of sheep. 

While I was away I read 'The lying Lives of Adults'  by Elena Ferrante I had ordered it before I went away and was so looking forward to reading it.  I read it all in a few days and I have to say I was disappointed. It just felt unpleasant with no purpose, there were elements of her other characters I felt from the My Brilliant Friend quartet. If you have read those you will know what I mean, of course there will be similarities when you read the same author but this time the stotyline was just bleak throughout.  I would not recommend this one sadly. 

As usual there has been lots of sewing, I am giving things away to family as I can't keep all of it but I am not complaining it is a dream to be able to sew for work so I am counting it as a blessing.   This does mean though I have passed a few things on without  saving a still image.

I made this one a few days ago in Blossoming Floral Minerva viscose challis and the pattern is Simplicity 8602.  There were quite a few sleeve styles to choose from on this pattern I went for this one with the drapey sleeves with vents. 


This top is for my mum and this design is called Shingle Path, the Pattern is Simplicity 8052 and she hasn't seen it yet so I am looking forward to giving her that. 


A striped blazer, oversized very colourful and the style is so oversized my husband tried it on, of course it was too short in the arms but he enjoyed trying it ;)


I love this cardigan/robe it is such a fun print and would be great for the beach to wear over a bikini I think.  For me it is a sort of throw on for over shorts and pjs.  I will not bore you with any more right now as there are so many things I am losing track.  There hasn't been much bag making of late but to be honest at the moment I just feel like I am just paying Etsy each month and there are very little views.  People probably have a lot on what with the cost of everything at the moment but it doesn't leave me inspired to keep listing things to pay out fees so I am in a bit of a slump with that.

We had a trip to the cinema to see Elvis  the other night, a very long, very odd film.   Not what any of us expected I feel like I am being a real grump today but why do they have to try and make things weird and edgy??

All three of my dogs had a luke warm bath today and then we went for a walk so they dried off it was the ideal time to do it. We also met a great Dane puppy in pets at home and he was beautiful, the owners were talking to us for ages and he looked all shy, massive paws at just eight weeks old and a gentle face. 

Well I hope you are having a lovely weekend and enjoying the sun, take care.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...