Wednesday 25 July 2018

Baby Outfit, Shirt and Hat

Just recently I received a lucky dip bag from Minerva Crafts this has a selection of fabrics chosen for you six metres in total.  I will share more on this later as I am putting together a post for them but for now I will share a few of the bits I am making with it.  One of the fabrics was a children's print with little frogs, I showed it to my friend who has a little boy and as she loved it I decided to make a little something for him.

I didn't have a pattern but she sent me a t-shirt and hat so I am hoping it will fit!  It was also a squeeze to get the two items out of this piece so we will have to see.  It has been  a fun make this morning so everything is crossed.

I love this print and it was a colourful addition to the bundle, I need to get my thinking cap on now to see what I can make with the other pieces of fabric from the package.

The hat is the same on the inside so reversible, if I had thought on I should have done it in a contrasting fabric then the shirt wouldn't have been such a squeeze, but I dived in so there you go!
The underside of the collar is plain blue and it is just in one piece top and bottom.

In the garden my kale plants are being attacked by the white butterfly, it seems every time I go outside they are laying on them then I have to inspect them all.  I know next time I will have to net the plants to  keep them off  Also the constant watering in this heat! We complain about rain but we really could do with a bit around now, my water metre would be grateful for a few full water butts.

On a positive note it is lovely to nip out and get some chili, kale (the undamaged ones) or chili for a dish. The peas are finished and the few that were left were pulled down by the dog who discovered he liked them.  I have put a few more in the greenhouse but it may be too late, worth a try though.  
We would like to put a few fruit trees in and some beds on the ground, we are thinking this may involve a little mesh fence just high enough to keep the dogs out on one section, but still transparent so as to not block it off completely. 


2 comments:

  1. I love the fabric, such a great make for a young child such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Also, it is so nice to have a garden; we just moved into our new home and we only have a small patio, but I already started to ask around to see if we can get an allotment, fingers crossed :).

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...