Thursday 26 July 2018

Striped Pencil Skirt

I've been getting on with more fabric from my Minerva Crafts lucky dip bag today, this time a blue and white stripe.  I knew what to do with this as soon as I saw it as I pictured it in my head. It was a combination of a pattern and one of my own as I know the fit of mine better.  People do like to see a pattern to work from though, I will link more on that for the Minerva post.

This feels like it will be a nice versatile skirt, and as it is relatively plain I'm hoping it will go with lots of tops.  The fabric is a bit stretchy but I still did a little walking split.
It is funny really as I probably would not have put this fabric in my basket but I love the result, as I've said before I get carried away with  colourful prints and neglect the wardrobe staples.

To make the pattern accurate I used some old wrapping paper that was in my cupboard and transferred my markings to that.  This kind of cheap paper is really good to use for that purpose as it has a little grid marked on the back of it, it is also a little sturdier than tissue paper.

After that was complete I had a dig around in what few patterns I have and found a nice summer dress for the black cotton.  It is going to have a twist as I'm putting a patterned piece in the middle of the dress (there I go again!) I hope to get that all done tomorrow so I can wear it for a night out with family.

We have just had a bit of rain here, it didn't last long but it has saved me one job. I also filled a little container with the golden cherry tomatoes from the greenhouse, very satisfying and  they didn't last long either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...