Wednesday 18 July 2018

Maxi Dress Hack

Hello I managed to get another dress completed this week, well almost just the zip to go in and it's done! My mother-in-law went to fetch it so I had been waiting on that, then she came for a fitting.  She had an idea of a dress she liked so she brought me that one.  I also had a pattern another magazine freebie for a sun dress so we decided to do a combination of the two.

I did the version from the pattern for the bodice then the length of the maxi, plus a few little pleats.  We have also decided on a back split to the knee for ease of walking.  That is probably  not needed because of the pleats but just to be safe it is there.

I was going to ask her to be in the photo but then I thought it was a bit unfair to ask as she may not want to but say yes to be polite so I didn't ask.  So trusty mannequin to the rescue, friends who are reading if you don't mind being in photos let me know, or I could remove the head from the photo to make you anonymous otherwise I won't ask.   

  Loving that fabric, my husband said he didn't like it then as soon as he saw my mother-in-law wearing it he said oh yes it  looks good as a dress. That is the funny thing as I sometimes buy fabric and love it but I am not sure when it is made up, then there are times when I am a bit meh! about the fabric when it arrives but then I love the outcome.   This is hard to explain to people you make for though, so choose wisely or go on something you have seen made up.  

This is the free pattern  I did the top part from...
The sizing worked out perfect for her and as I said I just did my own pleated skirt version with a back vent/split. 

The summer holidays are fast approaching so I will have time for my own plans, plus a few things for friends.  I also need to make a new little dog quilt for my sofa, the one I have on is a real dog hair magnet so a cotton one will be better.  I could get them down I know bit it is their home too so I choose to use and wash quilts/throws just for the dogs. 

2 comments:

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...