Tuesday 26 June 2018

More Boudoir Shorts

It is so hot! I love sunny weather and like any typical English person I moan about the fact that it rains an awful lot here in England, or it's overcast most of the time.  As  a result of this we are not made for these sudden changes in temperature and I feel like I want to have a nap all the time.  The Spanish have the right idea and everything closes in the afternoon at the hottest part of the day for a break. As a result of this I have made more of the boudoir shorts from the free pattern I downloaded here, I had some jersey left over from making  dress a few weeks ago so it was an ideal way to use that up.
These were quick to make up just now after tea because I have made them before and made an adjustment to the pattern by taking a small pieces off each side.  The first pair were a bit wide so I had to alter them once finished.
That is it just those three pieces, I didn't do an elastic casing as I found last time there is enough room at the top to just do  a turn over and put the elastic in there.
They are so comfy because they are jersey so I am wearing them now, this is a really good way to use up small amounts of fabric and I am sure that you could even do two fabrics together and they would look good.  I only had enough lace to do the fronts on this pair, also it is elastic lace whereas flat trim lace would have been better, but it does the job.

2 comments:

  1. Can you post a picture of the back? I’m new at sewing and didn’t really understand how to piece the pieces together, mainly the middle piece that overlaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, with the middle part you sew it to the back pieces on the straight edges, then you join the centre back where they curve under the groin. Now you have one big back piece with the sides on. Join the two front pieces where they curve under the groin, now you can place this front piece on top of the back piece and fold the sides over the front. Pin them in place and try on to check that you are happy with how much you have overlapped the front. Let me know how you get on.

      Delete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...