Thursday 28 June 2018

Basic Green T-shirt

Finally I am getting around to filling in some of the gaps and making some basic items to go with all my patterned clothes.  This is something I have been meaning to do as I often pull something from the wardrobe then wonder what will go with it, it is easier with dresses as you have the full outfit but skirts and tops don't work if they are all in different wild prints.

I have a lovely skirt I made last year but my lack of plain tops to with it mean it has only been worn once so far, in order to remedy that I ordered some green rayon last week to make a t-shirt, I had to promise myself I would not deviate from this plan as I often do that once the fabric arrives.   As I really like the shape f the red drop shoulder t-shirt I made last week I decided to follow the same idea.  Nice and simple and quick to make up.
It is comfy to wear, I made it long enough to tuck in or wear out if need be and it goes with the skirt which was the point.
This is a nice relaxing make as there a re no fiddly bits and you know it will fit, there are lots of times I spends hours on details only to find it is a seldom worn item.  Sometimes simple really is best.
Here it is just two pieces hastily cut around an existing top and a bit of green binding for the neckline. I think I will wear this a lot, just like my red one which has been worn twice already.

Out in the greenhouse  a pepper is growing quite big,  very exciting. There is something not quite right with the courgettes though as they are suddenly growing pointy and some have brown on the ends??
I will leave you with photo of this blue flower, I just love the colour.  It was a seed packet I scattered in some pots called sea of blue, various flowers in the packet and they are just starting to flower.
I may just have to paint a room that colour.


1 comment:

  1. That flower colour is gorgeous! I love your top, it looks like a great basic to have.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...