I would imagine that this word does not have its roots in consumerism which is how it is being used at the moment by the advertisers. I like the idea of embracing the season, the Scandinavian style and keeping warm but I don't like being told to rush out and buy stuff.
So if cosy is your thing you could...
- Light some candles (preferably ones you already own) they create a nice glow.
- Curl up with a blanket or throw from your cupboard. (freshly washed for the season)
- Read a book in bed, you could borrow one from the library or a friend.
- Have friends over for dinner, cook with what you have in, oven bake, hot pot or stew.
- Take a flask of your favourite hot drink, wrap up and go for a walk.
- Arrange you furniture in a new way, near the fire or heat source (do you really need new?)
- Place some twigs and evergreen foliage in jars, bring the outside in.
- Wash all your sweaters, gloves and scarves and make them accessible in your wardrobe.
- Learn to cook a new warming dish. (Try love food hate waste for ingredients you have already)
- Grab a hot water bottle, a hot drink and settle down with a film on TV or a radio show.