Today I used an existing skirt that I got from a charity shop a couple of summers ago, I love the style so I just copied it. I used the Amy Butler fabric from the pieces I got on sale after Christmas (Yes from that gift voucher that just goes on giving!)
Here is the completed skirt
It was pretty straight forward, just a wide rectangle slightly shaped towards the waist and pleated in certain areas. I laid my existing skirt on top of my fabric and pinned where the pleats needed to go and how wide they needed to be, they are quite big pleats.
The pleats on the back are in a slightly different position to the ones on the front, on the front there is a central pleat and one either side.
I also measured a waistband and cut and ironed the belt loops.
When I had my pleats in place I measured how wide the waist would be once the seams were sewn to check it would fit and it appeared a little big so I just made the pleats a fraction bigger. As I mentioned yesterday I intend on having proper waistbands for the time being so once again we have belt loops and a button and zip at the side seam.
Here is the back view, pleats each side.
The zip I used I had to hand and is a sort of dark wine colour it doesn't matter as you can't see it. I always save zips off anything wherever possible unless stuff is going to the charity shop.
Right now I need to get thinking what I can make tomorrow, it is lovely being off work for Easter.