Monday 19 August 2013

Bright frugal cushions

Hello there, this is my first post so please hang in there while I get the hang of it. I hope to share with you some of my ideas and creations in sewing and also saving a little bit of money along the way. I have been sewing since I was a teenager and a sewing machine was the first thing I bought when I started earning at 16. I am completely self taught though I often feel this probably leaves some gaps but never mind these are always filled in along the way. I hope I inspire some of you to have ago and I will be posting some ideas and tips as I get into this blogging routine!  I will share more in later posts but for now I would like to share what I have done this last week. Here  they are some cushion covers I made using up lots of bits of fabric I had in my stash, though I have to say my fabric is running low now as I always buy what I need and use up all of it.
Some of the bits are from charity shops, the blue on the heart cushion is from the bottom of some curtains I took up for a friend as is the bright pink at the bottom, but I did ad a random patch to that.  There is also some Amy Butler in there but I only ever buy the odd fat quarter of that as it is so expensive.  i am going to make another one soon using these bits...... I will post photos and instructions when I do. Back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all comments. Please feel free to let me know what kind of posts you prefer.

A Slow Week, A few Books and Pretty PJs

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.  So this week has been brought to a bit of a standstill for me.  I have somehow injured my b...